Vice-President, Investment Advisor
Toll Free: +1 (800) 650-2999
Fax: (905) 634-9666
Bernie Hanna joined CIBC Wood Gundy (or predecessor firm) as an Investment Advisor in 1993, bringing to the position a wealth of experience in assisting individuals and companies with their financial needs:
- Investment Advisor and Vice President with CIBC Wood Gundy from 1993 to Present (or predecessor firm)
- Branch Manager with CIBC Wood Gundy (from 1995-1999 predecessor firm)
- Ontario Regional Manager of a major trust company 1988 to 1993
- Branch Manager of a major trust company 1982 to 1988
- Mortgage Officer of a major trust company 1978 to 1982
Bernie is a business graduate of Ryerson Polytechnical University and holds various credentials from the Canadian Securities Institute. He has been accredited the prestigious designation, Member Trust Institute (M.T.I), from The Institute of Canadian Bankers, for meeting the institute's professional standards in financial services and mortgage and lending services. Bernie is one of ten people, of thousands in the industry, that has received this dual designation.
Based in part on this tremendous experience, Bernie's clients have come to trust and rely on him for more than just investment advice. They often call him for advice on all their financial matters e.g., mortgages, car leases…etc. As a consequence, Bernie is often viewed as his clients sole Investment Advisor, often coordinating the activities of other advisors (tax, legal etc.).
- Bernie has worked and lived in the Burlington area for over 15 years. He subscribes to the principle of responsible citizenship, and therefore feels it is his responsibility to contribute to the improvement of his community. Some of Bernie's community activities have included:
- As a member of the Rotary Club of Burlington Central, Bernie has helped raise money for local community organizations such as the Joseph Brant Memorial Hospital
- Committee member of ALS Society of Canada sub-committee to organize Elizabeth Grandbois Concert of Hope
- Chairman of nomination committee and special events committee for local recreational club
- Past Kiwanis Club member
- Past Chairman of the Downtown Hamilton Business Improvement Area
We are privileged to be trusted to help clients meet their goals. Each client is unique. Accordingly, no one investment plan is right for everyone. In developing a plan for a client, we will take into consideration several variables including:
- The economic environment
- The client's investment time horizon
- The client's risk tolerance
- The client's personal goals
- The client's investment knowledge
- The client's tax situation
Only after extensive discussions with the client are we able to tailor an investment strategy which is appropriate for them.
We will then construct a portfolio, choosing from the broad array of investment and insurance products available through CIBC Wood Gundy, to implement the strategy.
If any of the above variables should change, we will adjust the portfolio accordingly.