Toll Free: +1 (800) 289-2813
Fax: (902) 429-8323
Born and raised in New Brunswick, Marc graduated from St. Francis Xavier University with a Bachelor of Business Administration (Accounting Major) degree in 1981. He also holds the Chartered Accountant and Certified Management Consultant designations and has over 29 years experience in accounting, finance and taxation.
Prior to joining CIBC Wood Gundy, he was a partner with Ernst & Young LLP, in both Halifax and Fredericton, where he excelled at client service.
At CIBC Wood Gundy, I have formed a partnership with Don Munroe to help manage our clients investments. Don is an experienced Investment Advisor with over 40 years in the financial services industry, including over 25 years with CIBC Wood Gundy.
Business and Investment Philosophy
Accumulating wealth and financial freedom requires creativity, skill and perseverance. Using a philosophy of long-term investing that emphasizes planning to determine unique needs and individual risk tolerance, clients will have confidence that all of their financial and retirement goals can be achieved.
Marc focuses on providing exceptional client service that is unparalleled in Nova Scotia. As a trusted Investment Advisor with the utmost integrity, his client base includes corporate professionals, high net worth individuals and business owners.
He promotes a long-term approach to investing and emphasizes planning to help his clients determine their unique needs and individual risk tolerance.
His investment philosophy includes:
• preserving capital as being of the utmost importance (not losing money is as important as making money);
• understanding each client's unique needs and circumstances before recommending any investment product;
• quantifying each individual investor's risk tolerance;
• developing a long-term investment strategy, and re-assessing that strategy on an on-going basis;
• preparing an appropriate asset allocation model to meet each individual's unique profile;
• implementing a program of consistent, ongoing communication and follow-up.
Marc believes this philosophy will help his clients meet all of their financial and retirement goals in today's markets.
Marc's clients have confidence and peace of mind knowing an experienced professional is guiding their financial futures. Utilizing the financial strength, advanced technology and global knowledge of CIBC Wood Gundy, allows Marc to develop and implement innovative solutions suitable for his clients' individual situations.
In addition to providing investment advice and selling securities, Marc is qualified to sell life, accident and sickness insurance, and perform comprehensive financial planning.
Marc has always been involved in his community, and is currently on the Board and Finance and Investment Committee of the IWK Health Centre Foundation. He also assists in raising funds for the Canadian Cancer Society through participation in The Longest Day of Golf, and the Run for the Cure.
Marc has previously held positions with:
• Sacred Heart School of Halifax (past Chair of the Board, past Chair of Finance and Committee, and past Chair of Nominating Committee).
• IWK Health Centre Foundation (Treasurer, and Chair of Finance and Investment Committee)
• The Halifax Club (President and Treasurer)
• The United Way in Fredericton (Chair of Corporate Gifts)
• The Canadian Red Cross, Fredericton (Treasurer)
• Canadian Association for Community Living – Halifax (Treasurer)
• The St FX Alumni Association (President of Halifax Chapter)
• Peter Gzowski Invitational Golf Tournament (Chair)