First Vice-President, Investment Advisor
BA, MBA, FICBmore
The overarching principle of my practice is an appreciation that investors, with rare exception, worked very hard for their money... a lifetime of effort, diligence, and frugality extended to accumulate their wealth. Our job is to ensure that they keep it! With careful consideration, my team and I ensure that your family's assets are managed to an 'institutional standard,' and the manner routinely utilized by the largest pools of wealth in the world. With this 'pension-style' approach, our client households enjoy comfort, a sense of security, confidence in the safety of their wealth through their retirement, and a satisfaction in the durability of the legacy they leave their beneficiaries. Below is a more detailed description of some of the services we provide:
Summary of Investment Management Services:
- Determination and review of your investment objectives and risk tolerance.
- Written investment policy (policies) and updates as needed.
- Provide critical recommendations regarding allocation of assets between stocks, bonds, and other assets based on after-tax returns and risks.
- Assure appropriate diversification of equity management styles.
- Screening and assistance in selecting investment managers.
- Monthly statements and quarterly printed reports on portfolio performance.
- Meetings to review managers' performance and other issues (client determines frequency).
- Meetings and ongoing communication with other professional advisors (attorney, accountant, etc.).
- Due diligence on investment managers by our CIBC Asset Management consulting group in Toronto.
- Guidance during difficult market periods such as 1987, 1994, 2000-2002 and to date post the "financial crisis".
- Provide financial advice and counsel on a variety of issues.
These services are not 'one time' in nature. Rather, to be really effective, they must be used consistently and on an ongoing basis. Over the past several years investing has become more complex, more demanding, and potentially more risky. Successful investing is an ever-changing challenge which requires intense and constant attention. Our objective is to help our clients comfortably achieve their goals with a minimum of risk by anticipating and adapting to changes in the investment world and in their situation.
Our Goals for our Relationship with our Clients:
- Produce results that meet or exceed their goals with a minimum of risk.
- Listen carefully and pay close attention to their specific desires and needs.
- Give unbiased advice.
- Anticipate rather than react.
- Communicate frequently and effectively.
- Make their lives simpler.
"Wealthcare Consultants" Our work is multi-faceted and draws on a strong academic background in economics, finance, business studies, and banking, plus over 20 years of my personal experience in the financial services industry... a wealth of knowledge for our client families. As consultants and professionals, we also recognize that it is sometimes necessary to incorporate specialized expertise from legal, accounting and other disciplines. Within CIBC Wood Gundy and the CIBC Group of Companies we have at our disposal a tremendous depth of resources. We also have a network of outside professional relationships to employ when needed.