Velikonja Investment Group
Toll Free: +1 (800) 265-5982
Approach to the Markets
The process of selecting equity investments involves a value-oriented investment focus, reinforced by the disciplines of technical and strong fundamental analysis. By combining these different techniques, experience has shown that potential for growth can be found in financially stable companies whose true intrinsic value is not recognized by the markets. Consistent application of these principles requires discipline and commitment since companies are usually held until the security's value climbs to a target price. Once a price target is achieved, the security is sold based upon parameters predetermined by detailed analysis. In doing so, rigorous discipline is maintained in order to preserve a margin of safety. This conservative approach is ideal for investors who are looking for long-term growth but who are unwilling to accept undue risk.
Success Starts with a Plan
The Velikonja Investment Group's expertise centres on portfolio construction and ongoing counseling services. However, before portfolio construction begins each client undergoes a multi-stage process to establish trust and a clear understanding of the team. This very important first step involves a detailed visualization of what you, the client, can expect from Ted Velikonja and the Velikonja Investment Group. Mr. Velikonja has a well established structure and a very successful implementation strategy that involves the entire team. Then the focus is on you - your needs, expectations and future goals. Building a solid foundation of trust and understanding is as important as the investment plan that will eventually be put in place. Once the plan is approved, Mr. Velikonja will review individual securities that are appropriate for investment. Then, on an ongoing basis, the plan will be closely monitored to determine if your objectives are being met.
Client Service- A Team Approach
The Velikonja Team is committed to delivering a premier level of service to clients. The team members work from the following principle foundations:
- Accountable– the team observes the highest ethical standards and can always be trusted to act in the best interest of clients
- Knowledgeable – clients can depend upon objective, knowledgeable communication, based upon experience and a thorough understanding of clients' needs
- Service-Oriented – first and foremost, the team is committed to the clients of the Velikonja Investment Group
Highly Specialized Service
- Institutional style investment management that is tailored for the individual investor that seeks personal attention.
- A detailed investment policy statement (IPS) is provided that outlines your investment history, investment objectives and risk tolerance.
- Quarterly meetings directly with Ted Velikonja, Portfolio Manager.
- Additional service team who are knowledgeable, who care about you, and are always willing to assist you when you call.
- Tiered fee structure that is comparable to institutional fees.
- One simple, transparent fee that encompasses:
- All transactions
- Annual administration fees for registered accounts (i.e. RRSPs, RRIFs, RESPs)
- Preferred interest rates on cash balances
- Complex financial planning
- Tax benefits and tax reporting at year end
- All transactions